How Does Low Level Laser Therapy Heal?
Low level lasers supply energy to the body in the form of non-thermal photons of light. Light is transmitted through the skin’s layers (the dermis, epidermis and the subcutaneous tissue or tissue fat under the skin) at all wavelengths in the visible range. However, light waves in the near infrared ranges penetrate the deepest of all light waves in the visible spectrum. When low level laser light waves penetrate deeply into the skin, they optimize the immune responses of our blood. This has both anti-inflammatory and immunostimulate effects. It is a scientific fact that light transmitted to the blood in this way has positive effects throughout the whole body, supplying vital oxygen and energy to every cell.
Depending on the purpose of the treatment, Dr. Bettencourt will program the laser to help to treat different musculoskeletal conditions:
The Physiological Effects of LLLT
- 1. Pain Relief- documented that pain is decreased up to 59%
- 2. Increases Range of Motion- extremely important to prevent progressive, degenerative joint and disc disease
- 3. Strengthens immune system by increasing lymphocyte activity
- 4. Speeds up healing and recovery time by 30- 50%
- 5. Regenerates damaged nerve tissue
- 6. Releases Myofascial restriction
- 7. Restores muscle strength
- 8. Increases ATP production
- 9. Decreases Edema & Inflammation
New Patient Initial Exam & Treatment - $95 ***
Initial Treatment: $95 (Initial Exam, Evaluation & Treatment)
Cold Laser Visit: $55 (Cold Laser only) $20 with Chiropractic Care